At a recent event in our church, which was attended by several ministers from other churches, it became clear that there is a real need for a sight such as this where people can post music/songs that they sing in church, that works.
We found this out when asked by several people from other churches where they could get the music for two songs in particular - "Live for the Kingdom" and "Never Alone" (both available from Emu Music [www.emumusic.com.au]). These songs were requested by two churches in particular who both stated that they'd been looking for some good, new music to introduce, but don't really have the time to go trolling through all the new music albums etc that are always coming out. Hence this blog.
If you know some good songs, which have good words (ie, they're not rubbish...) and that you've taught to your congregations and they're a bit of a hit, let us know... let the world know. I just pray this is a help for some.
Oh, the two songs I mentioned before... "Never Alone" costs $1.85 AU; and "Live For the Kingdom" also costs just $1.85 AU. If you go to the Emu Music website (above), click on the "store" link, and then on the "songs" link in there, it will give you a list of the songs alphabetically. Then just scroll through till you find the them (I think they're both on page 4). By purchasing a copy of the music from here, it legally (along with CCLI licencing of course) gives you the right to play it in church according to the relevant laws etc.
Well, let's see what good music we have out there for playing in churches. I look forward to what we find.
Editor.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great! I've been talking about doing this for ages, and haven't!
ReplyDeleteLet us know how we can let you know :) Are comments here the best way? Emails?
Here's my first contribution -
"The Wonder Of The Cross" aka "O Precious Sight" - Vicky Beeching
I heard this on a men's camp and scoured for a while to find a (legal) copy. I think I ended up using a paid download from www.musicnotes.com or worshiptogether.com (the latter is a pretty good site).